Sunday, September 25, 2011

This movie, "Being There", is very funny.

This movie, "Being There", is very funny.

 I saw this movie really really interestingly. I wasn't able to stop laughing.
Chance is very funny man. Chance’s behaviors are matching my tendency that the points I feel fun.
 Chance is similar to one of my friends. My friend says something very funny compared to other people. When he says something, he doesn’t smile or laugh and he looks very serious even though he says funny things. It is a kind of his feature and I like that.

 Some people look they have obsessions that they always have to find the message from a movie.
 However, I don't dare to find it, and I just enjoy watching the movie as a movie. Of course, the directors can put some messages into the movies, but I think the most important goals of movie directors are that making audiences get interested in their movies. Considering this point, this movie really succeeds. Chance’s innocent behaviors and speeches make me have a fun. I’m glad to see this movie.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this, Hong. I agree with you that while a movie may have a message, enjoyment is usually a director's primary goal for the audience. For myself, I find my own enjoyment arises largely from a search for meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the movie too, and my dad talks the way Chance does sometimes. It's really intteresting to talk with such kind of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Hong. I agree with you saying that sometimes entertaining the audience is the prior purpose of making movies. I majored in film arts in university so I tend to overinterpret it. This is why I sometimes have to take myself back to the original intention of movies. It is nice that you can keep this simplicity and just enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete