Sunday, October 9, 2011

Response: "The Epic of Gilgamesh."

At first, this story is very difficult for me to understand. The reason is probably that this story is written by English, However, my cousin tried to read this story but she gave up quickly because she thought this story is very difficult even though she can use English very well!

When I was young, I was intersted in history (Korea history and World history both), so I approximatively know the beginning of this story, but it wasn't easy to understand.
This stroy seems as if the two stories, Noah's ark and Gilgamesh story, connect together.
I didn't know these stories are relevant..

Anyway, in my opinion, this story shows it is impossible for human to surpass the limitation of human abilities.
Gilgamesh fails to get eternal life, and most people except Atra-hasis died when the big Deluge happened.
Human is so weak in front of nature. Human just can live in our abilities.

1 comment:

  1. Yes,you are right, Hong, there is always something that human can not reach.

    ReplyDelete