Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Daniel Kahneman- Happiness

Now, I understand D. Kahneman speech.

His thinking is interesting. He said that our "experiencing self" and "remembering self" are sometimes different, and in this situation "remembering self" is more dominated.
I think it's a kind of true. In my opinion, the reason "remembering self" is more dominated is that when you remember some memories, you know more thing compared to when you experienced the memory.

For example, when I was a high school student, I thought my life was so difficult.
(In Korea, the competition of entering university is very strong because Korea has small land, but lots of population.)
But now, I sometimes want to return to be a high school student, because now I've experienced social life is harder than high school life. Earning money is not that easy. :)  This situation is caused by I have experienced many thing after I graduated from high school.

To conclude, if I have never experienced anything after I experience one thing, my "remembering self" also recognizes same as when I experince the thing. (It'squite a messy sentence.. :(  )
I mean "remembering self" is changed by our "later experiences".

No comments:

Post a Comment